- June 27, 2012 3:00 pm
- June 27, 2012 4:00 pm
In this 1 hour webinar, attendees will learn to harness the untapped capabilities of today’s smartphones and home video cameras. We will concentrate on one of the simplest, yet most effective forms of video communication – testimonials. By the end of this workshop, you’ll know how to set up a video shoot; the three most important types of shots for web video; ways to relax an interviewee to get their best on-camera testimony; and an introduction to putting your video on YouTube and linking to it from your nonprofit website.
- Finding the best room to film a video interview
- Positioning and placing your subject in the most flattering light
- The holy trinity of video: focus, iris and white balance
- Three shots that will make your video look more professional
- The best way to ask questions to elicit heartfelt responses
- Introduction to YouTube’s free nonprofit program
- Sending links via email campaigns or your website
Roberto Mighty has written and produced 65 half-hours of network affiliate and independent television, shot scores of nonprofit presentations and has over 100 videos on YouTube. He is Founder and Principal of Celestial Media, a Boston area company that specializes in web video production. Currently producing independent projects for Harvard University, he received his Master of Fine Arts in the Visual Arts from Lesley University and is Adjunct Professor in the Department of Visual and Media Arts and Emerson College, Boston.
Celestial Media was founded in 1998. The company specializes in producing web videos and interactive multimedia. Nonprofit clients include Harvard Medical School, Argosy Foundation, Berklee College of Music, Boston Foundation and many others. We advocate using a PBS documentary style approach. Our high-definition production teams consist of a Producer, Writer, Videographers, Editor and Graphic Designer.