- This event has passed.
4/23/2013: Search Engine Optimization 101 for Nonprofits
April 23 @ 3:00 pm - 4:00 pm| FREE
What is SEO and what does it mean for your organization?
SEO or Search Engine Optimization is simply the process of getting your website found more easily on the internet, and with more traffic from search engines you have an opportunity to get more clients, members, supporters, partners, volunteers and donors.
While SEO can be a powerful force, many nonprofits find it confusing and complicated. As you start to research the subject you may get overwhelmed with differing opinions and complicated technical explanations. Don’t fear, we are here to help.
Join us for this jam packed webinar where we break down the basics of SEO and cover:
- Search engines – how they really work and what they really want
- Keywords – what they are, why they are important and how to use them in your campaigns
- On-page optimization – how to build your webpages the right way
- Off-page optimization – the right way to use link building to show your authority
- How to stay on Google’s good side and avoid getting “Google slapped”
- A better understanding of exactly what SEO is and how it applies to your nonprofit
- Basic understanding of search engines, keywords, on-page and off-page optimization
- An SEO action plan that you can start using today
|Richard Dietz began his nonprofit career when he was the director of a mentoring organization in college. He has spent the last 20 years working both in and with a wide variety of nonprofit, political, and government organizations as well as technology companies focused on the nonprofit sector, including Convio, KIMBIA and Sage Nonprofit Solutions.
It is this unique background and experience – working directly in nonprofit organizations AND working on the technology side – that allows him to better understand and assist nonprofit organizations with their technology needs.
Richard holds a M.S.W. from the University of California – Berkeley as well as a B.A. in Political Science from UCLA.
|Nonprofit R+D is dedicated to helping emerging and growing nonprofits fully utilize technology and the web to support their missions through training, best practices, and support.|