- February 26, 2013 3:00 pm
- February 26, 2013 4:00 pm
Pink Slime. The Boy Scouts of America. Trayvon Martin. Online petitions are all over the news these days, but the big news is that they really do work. In the information age, online petitions have become an important tactic for advocacy campaigns and a crucial channel for list growth to support direct email fundraising. Listen in to learn best practices for online petitions that Change.org has gleaned from hundreds of thousands of campaigns started on the world’s petition platform.
- Benefits of online petitions such as engaging new supporters, generating media & pressuring decision makers
- Best practices for running effective online petitions as part of advocacy campaigns
- Online petitions as a key strategy for list growth and online fundraising
|Lawrence Grodeska is a web marketing expert with more than 12 years experience leveraging technology and new media to promote programs and campaigns for public education, cause marketing and advocacy. Lawrence serves as the Nonprofit Community Manager at Change.org, where he teaches organizations how to best leverage the world’s fastest-growing social action platform to achieve real change.|
|Change.org is the world’s petition platform, empowering everyone to make the change that they want to see. Change.org also empowers organizations to build their movements using powerful tools that engage passionate supporters with their cause.|