- This event has passed.
10/1/2013: Leveraging Social Media for Nonprofit Fundraising Events
October 1 @ 3:00 pm - 4:00 pm
Social Media for Nonprofits and Eventbrite is presenting a FREE workshop offering clear strategies, tactics, and resources for using social media to ensure the success of nonprofit fundraising events. If your nonprofit is planning an upcoming gala or fundraiser, this webinar is not to be missed!
Join industry experts for straight talk and helpful tools for posting and promoting your upcoming event; learn how to use Facebook, Twitter, and LinkedIn to maximize the success of your fundraisers; and find out how free scheduling, analysis, and optimization tools can help you save tons of time and work smarter, not harder.
Sign up now for this FREE, interactive workshop and learn how to harness the power of social media to drive results in the real world!
- The best times of day to post your messages to social media outlets and to send out emails.
- When to post your upcoming event to maximize attendance, and a clear step-by-step breakdown of how to create events on all the major social networks- Facebook, Twitter, and LinkedIn- and leverage them to drive attendance.
- How to use free tools to analyze how people are finding out about your events so you can focus on the partnerships and marketing efforts that matter.
- Tips for harnessing the time-saving potential of scheduling tools, so you can tee up your messages and posts in advance and have your campaign ready before it even goes live.
- Actionable insights on how to increase event turnout and donations by making it easy for people who already signed up to spread the word via shares and tweets, and for those unable to attend to donate.
- Tips for “socializing” your event with live Twitter feeds, custom hashtags, and more.
- How to use free tools to keep the experience going after your event ends, including sharing photos, stories, and highlights.
|Darian Rodriguez Heyman, co-founded the only conference series in the country devoted to social media for social good, Social Media for Nonprofits, which educates social sector leaders on how to advance fundraising, marketing, advocacy, and recruitment efforts online. Previously, he served as Executive Director of Craigslist Foundation (2004 – 2008), an organization dedicated to connecting nonprofit leaders to the resources they need to build a better world, where he helped launch their Nonprofit Boot Camp and educated and inspired over 10,000 nonprofit leaders. His best-selling book, Nonprofit Management 101: A Complete and Practical Guide for Leaders and Professionals, includes practical tips and tools from 50 recognized experts across 35 comprehensive topics. Heyman previously served as a Commissioner for the Environment for the City and County of San Francisco and is a public speaker that provides strategy, messaging, and fundraising consulting for nonprofits and green economy organizations.|
|Social Media for Nonprofits is the only conference series in the US devoted to social media for social good. In our third series, we will reach more than 3,000 nonprofit executives and decision-makers with 12 programs in the US, Canada, India, and Australia, connecting them not only to best practices and helpful resources, but also to useful service providers, likeminded colleagues, and industry leaders in the process.|
|Laura Huddle is an accomplished online marketing professional with expertise in social networking, search marketing, and web analytics. Currently, Laura is a senior category marketing manager at Eventbrite, where she’s focused on nonprofit growth. She also serves as an advisory board member for the Online Marketing Institute.|
|At Eventbrite, we believe that gathering with others is the best way for people to learn, grow, get inspired, feel connected, get healthy, give back, and celebrate. So we’re building technology that facilitates those gatherings, by helping people find and attend events that feed their interests, while connecting them with others who share their passions.|